Sunday, April 28, 2013

Ready... Aim... FIRE!

A friend bought a Groupon for the two of us to use. It was for a foot massage. When she told me it would take 1 1/2 hours, I knew it would just be for a foot massage. It wasn't...

It ended up being a foot massage, shoulder massage, leg massage, back massage, butt massage, arm massage, and,.. if you wanted it- fire cups!

Foot massages in China are a bit painful at times, but overall, very relaxing. The whole process nearly put my to sleep. The last thing I got were the fire cups. This was interesting. They heat up glass bottles with fire and suck them to your body. They stay on for about 10 minutes, then they pull them off and your done. It doesn't really hurt, but it's not very comfortable. It feels like someone is pinching a large section of your skin and slowly it gets tighter and tighter. Afterwards you have large black circles on your back for about a week and a half. My least favorite part is that they kinda itch afterwards.

Bad news... my masseuse told me I was too weak and should exercise more. He also said my shoulders and neck are messed up... *sigh* I really should start working out...

1 comment:

  1. Ha, bad neck and shoulders...the story of my life.

    ReplyDelete