Sunday, April 28, 2013

Don't be afraid...

I love it when G-d uses your fears and turns them into blessings. I love it when HE throws opportunities at you. I love it more when you realize that it was an opportunity :) Here is an example...

All of my students know from day 1 of class that I am a Chrstian. Knowing that can create some interesting conversations at times. One of the more recent one went something like this.

student: Jessica, do you go to Chrch?
me: Yes
student: Where is it? I'm looking for one and I don't know where to go.
me: Well, it's actually a bunch of us foreigners that get together.
student: oh, I thought it was Chinese. Do you know of a Chinese one?
me: (being afraid of my students knowing what I do- I've been very careful not letting my school find out my second job) Some of my friends go to one, I'll ask them about it.
student: Great! I hope I can find one

a few days later- after talking with my Shepherd, we decided that if I felt safe, I could invite her, I mean, her soul is pretty important...

me: I know of a place you can go, want to meet and talk about it?
student: yes!!!!

After having lunch with her, I told her about our group, I told her about being careful, about how school can't find out. She was super excited and promised to keep it safe.

A month or so later...

text from our Ch-nese leader: your student will be washed next Sunday!

Thank you G0d. Thanks for throwing this opportunity at me and thanks for giving me the courage to take it. :)

Fear is an enemy. It can stop you from doing things you should or need to do. It's what the devil uses every day to stop us from spreading the Good News. Don't be afraid... I am the L0RD your G0D...

No comments:

Post a Comment