With that intriguing introduction... let's get started. :o) It's quite interesting how I get things fixed in my home. Maybe it's the same as in America, but I've never rented a house, so I'm not sure how it works.
1. Call, text, or email (or all three) Deborah. She is in charge of paperwork for me getting to China. She's the one we talk to about money and apartment things. Basically anything besides what I teach.
2. Deborah calls Mr. Lin and tells him.
3. Collectively through text messages we come up with a time that Mr. Lin can visit (Mr. Lin doesn't speak any English)
4. Mr. Lin comes with Fixer Guy (no idea who this man is, but he's always the same guy). They look at the stuff. Mr. Lin talks to Fixer Guy. After deciding what they need to do to fix it...
5. We make another appointment for Fixer Guy to come alone. (Usually I can fumble through this conversation without Deborah's help).
6. Fixer Guy comes at or around appointed time.
7. I get to use my newly repaired/improved item!!
8, I hope that it stays working long term. :o)
pictures: These have nothing to do with my blog, but pictures are fun, so here some are.
| This is the meal Britney cooked for us. 17 dishes!!! |
| Relaxing afterwards. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment