Monday, April 8, 2013

A little giggle...

Here are some snipits of conversations I've had recently. The first one was via an online messaging program. The second one was in my elevator. 

hao do you du? Meaning: how do you do? He used Chinese phonetics when sounding out the words. 

What are you doing it! Meaning: What are you doing?

I'd like to improve your English. Meaning: I'd like to improve your Chinese, or... I'd like to improve my English, I'm not sure on this one.

Second conversation... 
[I'm standing in the elevator next to my bike with my helmet on. A boy about 20 enters. He stares at me for a few floors then speaks]
Boy: Is that really necessary? (reffering to my helmet)
Me: Yes, it's dangerous out there.[holding back laughing]
Boy: But your speed is so slow.
Me: [what I want to say] But I'm really fast! [What I actually say] But if a car hits me it would still be bad. 
Boy: [Still very much doubting] Oh, ok [rolling his eyes]
Me: [In my head] See mom, even though I'm not cool, I'm still being safe! Even if people doubt my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment