This quarter in kids study we have been doing the "big 10". It has been nice to have clear goals in mind as we teach the story and topic each week. It has been fun, but also a bit challenging at times. For example, yesterday I taught the 6th commandment to 4-6th graders (mostly boys). As I taught it, their parents were watching and listening. I was nervous about it since the 1st commandment, but it went well. Kept it simple. ;)
Today I taught older kids the same material, but at a different place. We are a week behind, so I taught the 5th commandment. We were talking about how hating someone is as bad as murder. One boy responded, "Now I understand why everyone is a sinner, we can't keep this one." BINGO! Everyone is a sinner, we can't keep this one or any of them. He realized his sin, then I could share with him the love of a S-vior.
Soon we get to move on to the articles! There we really get to explain who HE is and what HE has done! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment