Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Thanksgiving is not really celebrated in China. In fact, when I asked my students what they know about Thanksgiving, they mostly just knew about turkeys. I taught them all about the history of Thanksgiving and what we do now to celebrate. We even talked about the crazy shopping day afterwards. :)

For my activity I did the same as last year... "imagine it's one week before Thanksgiving and you and your partner are both turkeys. Write a speech persuading us to eat the other person." We then voted for who we wanted to eat. It was a lot of fun! The students got very creative.

Friday night we celebrated with our friends. We had Thanksgiving BBQ- food grilled outside. It was soooooo good! About 20 friends came and we squeezed in a small small room. Very cozy!

This Sunday we are having our Thanksgiving meal for FoC. That means potluck!!!!!!!! I'm bringing the potatoes. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment