Tuesdays are a bit of a long day. I can't really complain because I only work three days a week (two of which are half days). However, today is a bit of a marathon. I have 8 hours of teaching on Tuesdays. 8-12 and 2-6. Thankfully, I have 2 hours off for lunch. That means I get to grab some street food (no cold lunches for me, few people pack a lunch here, it's super super convenient and cheap to eat outside) and then take a nap. I am very serious about my naps. There is a couch in our teachers' lounge. There is only one cushion, so most people don't sit on it, but sleeping works well. I don't trust the cushion (I'm sure it's never been washed) so I bring my own "pillow case" This pillow case is just a hand towel- small yet big enough. I also bring a blanket. So every Tuesday at about 12:30 I curl up on the couch for my hour long nap... it's glorious!
Today, and the next four weeks, we have a special activity after school. There is a speech contest and, since the speeches are in English, they ask the English teachers to judge them. That means that after supper, from 7-9, I got to listen to speeches and score them. They are ten minutes long and it's the strangest thing... the audience doesn't really listen to them. I'm not real sure why they are even there. There is so much talking going on that as a judge I got distracted. Even with the talking, it was interesting. These were the topics... Ernest Hemingway, the negative effects of mass media, psychoanalysis, Gangnam style (it's a song), Mark Zuckerberg (or something), and Mass media and the truth. A variety of topics.
I have at least three more of those judging nights to go...
I love that you explained gangnam style. Did they do the moves? What would you even talk about?
ReplyDelete