When you think of China, what do you think of? Chopsticks? Fortune cookies (sorry, but they don't exist here), Kung fu, people? Well, I am here to tell you that the rumors are true. There are A LOT of people in China. I've been living on my street for about 9 months now. Every day I walk up and down the same street. No matter where I go, I pass some of the same places every day.
However, every time I walk outside I see numerous people that I have never seen before. Sure, I know some of the shop owners in my area; the bag lady, the wrap guy, the short mr. fixit guy, little corner shop guy, and the bbq lady, but really, most of the people are still new to me. There are so many people coming and going that the street is never quiet and you don't see the same people twice!
My "hometown" of Fond du Lac has about 42,000 people in it (the same amount of Wuhan University). The city of Wuhan had 4.5 million people in 2002. I have been told it has upwards of 8 million easily if you include all of the students.
I went to a movie tonight and in Fond du Lac we have 1 1/2 movie theaters (the Mall theater only counts as 1/2). In Wuhan there are easily 30 movie theaters throughout the city. It doesn't matter where you are, you can find a theater pretty close. That just gives you an idea of how big this city is. I have a picture of a crowded area, but it's on my phone and not yet on my computer, I'll show it to you later. Right now, it's late and I'm tired!
No comments:
Post a Comment