Monday, May 7, 2012

A "new" leader

Short post tonight. I just got back from study. This study was a special one. Although they are all special in their own way, this one was special because it was not held by Nicole or me. We have these intense studies on Saturday. They have to do homework and tests. One of the classes is about teaching the Book. So, for their final exam, they had to lead a study. That's what my good friend Chenjing did. She led the study. She was afraid, but the rest of us were excited (especially one of our friends).

She started out a little rocky. Not to any fault of her own. You see, her English is great, but her Chinese is better. When I saw her struggling to explain it in English I said, "Chinese is ok too" She sighed an amazing sigh of relief and then comfortably explained it in Chinese. That's our goal. Not to be the dominant leaders, but to train them to be comfortable.

I listened to the whole study. Mostly in Chinese, English here and there. I was so proud of my friend. She was able to lead a study by herself. Although Nicole and I were there, we seldom talked. Keep thinking about her as she continues to study and continues to tell others about her peace and her hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment