Living abroad can be a lot of fun, but it can also be very difficult. Things happen you can't control and you can't communicate with the people involved. You learn to take the good with the bad, hoping that there is more good than bad.
One thing I've started is keeping quotes from friends. These things keep me going in the bad times. Here are some of those quotes...(direct quotes too, the best kinds!)
"I feel you like a elder sister. Like my sisters."- study friend after chatting on QQ. I talk with him quite often this way. His English isn't the best, so he does better in written form.
[sighing and smiling to herself while looking down at her Book] "My first Book."- a new study friend who just got her first Book! :)
"After studying with you I always feel at peace."- a friend I study with one on one
"I'd love to be your friend and give you warm and strength, I really like you, actually."- after telling a new friend how great my Chinese friends are and how they help me through my time in China.
There you have it, my short but ever growing list.
No comments:
Post a Comment