Sunday, May 27, 2012

Last Day of School

Friday I taught my last class of the school year. I have been teaching the same students twice a week for 2 hours each time since September. I have seen them over 60 times this year (wow, that's a lot of lessons I've taught-what have we all done?). Anyways... I know them quite well and I will miss them next year. I probably won't teach them next year so Friday may have been the last time. They aren't always perfect, but they sure do come close. Here are some of the things we did this year:
  • designed Halloween costumes
  • discussed the impact of 9-11 on the world
  • described what they want to be remembered for
  • persuaded the class to choose the other person to eat for thanksgiving (they pretended they were turkeys)
  • described the perfect teacher (one person just said, "Jessica" yeah, he's a brown-noser!)
  • explained the true meaning of Chr-stmas
  • watched Ocean's 11
  • debated about whether money can buy happiness
  • played Taboo
  • solved a murder mystery (game with clues and English activities)
  • so, so, sooo many more things!
The last  day we played Pictionary together. I will never forget Martin and how frustrated he got with his words. He had 12 words to choose from to draw and 2 minutes (he could draw as many as possible). He got 3 quite quickly and then stopped. I told him to keep going, he was sort of pacing up front. He turned to me and sort of screeched, "I don't know any of these words!" The whole class busted out in laughter. I stopped the timer to laugh. It may not seem funny to you, but you just had to be there. It was a great last day and I will be sad when I can't see them twice a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment