Monday, April 16, 2012

Traveling with School

I didn't know what to expect. But, I guess here, that is probably the best way to approach things. Don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed. I found out that I would be traveling with 80 people. Hmm... 80 people! How's that going to go?

Here was our police escort.
We set off Friday afternoon around 2:45, arrived at the town about 6:15. We waited at the edge of this small town of merely 1 million people for a moment. Not real sure what we were waiting for, but I've learned not to ask a lot of questions (mostly because I can't speak Chinese well enough to ask). Once we got going again, it was great! We seemed to have hit every red light. We got to the hotel quite quickly. Later, I found out that when we waited outside of town, we were waiting for our police escort. This escort stayed with us everywhere we went for the next day and a half.

There were some great things on the trip. First of all, the hotel was amazing. We had a computer in our room, two nice sized beds, a TV, and a clean western bathroom. The food was also very delicious! We had 6 huge meals. Every time we ate, I got excited for the food. One time, there were 10 of us on our table and they served us 20 different dishes! (That didn't include plain rice.)
Delci and Nicole enjoying the food.


Here was one of our smallest meals... 10 people, 15 dishes (usually you order 1 dish per person)
As far as the traveling, it wasn't that great. We went to a cave. Nice, but a little boring and A LOT of steps! Next we went to a tomb of an emperor. Also, somewhat nice, but a little boring. We had a tour guide at every place, but, of course, they only spoke Chinese. The second day we went to a rape flower museum... really boring! We also went to the rape flower fields, but the flowers already stopped blooming, so it was just a plain field of green.
Best part of the cave. :)

What kind of caption do I put on this photo?

Behind Nicole is the actual tomb of the emperor.



Our Students' adviser, Lisa, and us.
As always, I learned a lot more about Chinese culture during this trip with my school. I'll tell you those stories in person. Too difficult to explain via a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment