You know what it's like when you are on vacation... You love it, you love not going to work, for teachers, not planning lessons, or facing the people you don't enjoy seeing. BUT, by the end of a vacation you are so tired that going back to work seems like it would be easier. That's how I feel about the past 3 days. I've loved them, but I'm tired! :) This might become a long post, but I have pictures to include too! Here it goes...
 |
| Long bike ride across town. |
Monday: We moved our Sunday to Monday (since we worked on Sunday this week) so we had our normal "Sunday meeting" with the foreigners and then with the Chinese. I left after the English study to meet a friend for a bike ride. Julie and I rode our bikes for about 1 hour to meet our friends.
We ate lunch, had a rest, then rode our bikes to the Agriculture University. This University has many flowers to look at. We parked our bikes and walked around.
 |
| Jess, Dan, Julie, Jess |
Our friends didn't know exactly where we were going, so we got a little lost. That's ok, we found the "Student Center" It was equipped with a Karaoke room, game room, kitchen, bathrooms, and hang out areas. I'm sure it's not a real student center (you'll see what I mean from the pictures) but it could be. :)
 |
| "Student Center" |
 |
| more of the student center |
 |
| Student center bathrooms. NEVER complain about dirty bathrooms again! :) |
 |
| Trying to find the yellow flowers, we are confused what these are. |
 |
| Rape flowers |
 |
| Julie, boy Jess, Dan, girl Jess |
 |
| Stopped for an ice cream break. Julie and I had chocolate, Jess and Dan had pea flavored. |
After exploring this university, we headed back to our friend's University. However, since we still had an hour bike ride home, Julie and I left and went back. We took a pit stop at my school and I showed Julie around.
One of my students was still on campus, so she showed us her dorm room and accompanied us to supper. On our way, I passed a hair salon.... Julie, wanna get a haircut with me??? SURE! My student translated for our beautification process. My guy loved it. He asked me lots of questions (of course, most had to be translated) Questions about the NBA, Chinese food, and how are Chinese people and Americans different-that was a tough one.
After our hair cut we jumped on our bikes back, then Nicole and I jumped on a bus and I went back to the same area as this morning to play games. Finally, I was home and in bed around 12:00. Fun, busy, exciting day. Day 2 was just as busy, but I'll tell you about that one later.
You show us pictures of everything but the final result of your hair cut?!?!?
ReplyDeleteI never thought of that. It's nothing special, just shorter. You'll see one soon enough.
ReplyDelete