Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Runaway

She ran-away. From what, I'm not sure. She was angry, she needed out. So she returned to the town where she went to University. She came with one suitcase and a small bag. She had no home, not much money, and no job. But she did have a college friend in this town. This friend "just so happened" to live in our meeting place for Sundays. This same meeting place "just so happens" to host women's study every Monday night.

Monday morning I was privileged to pick her up from the train station after a 21 hour train. She said I was her angel after a long trip of leaving her hometown. I took her to her friends house so she could shower, settle in, and relax. 10 hours later I would return along with 7 or so other women her age.

--Remember she is living in the meeting place, what does this all entail??? Every Monday there is a women's study, every Saturday there are CSI classes from 8:30-4 (they are more in depth studies with homework), every Sunday there is not one, but two Meetings. After each of those meeting is a Study. There is a library full of books and BOOK related books. She has just entered an entire new life. She has been engulfed by Ch-stian people.--

How has this affected her? At first, it didn't matter. She was still angry. She was holding on to something from her past. Something has made her upset and it was hard to let go. BUT it didn't last forever...

Last night she shared with us her new life. Her new hope for life. As I was sitting next to this new friend, I had to fight off the tears. She shared with the study group the story I just shared with you. How she ran-away, she was angry, but when she arrived she had friends waiting for her. Now, she has peace. She said she doesn't really know how to explain it, but she feels at peace. She said, "I have hope now." There are still problems back home, but it doesn't seem so bad anymore. She has a reason to live. Before she would do things for herself. She did things because it made her happy. Now, it's different.

It's the H.S. That's her peace. She now joins us on Sundays (Usually for both meetings and at least one study), Mondays, Tuesdays, and sometimes even Wednesdays. How cool! To see someone go from anger to peace because of HIS Word.

That's my job, that's my life here. Not all stories go like this, but these stories keep me going. Keep "thinking" of us over here. Amazing things are happening. Keep thinking of her and she continues to learn about the reason for the hope she has and the peace it has given her.

No comments:

Post a Comment