Monday, November 14, 2011

Unrelated topics

I got three tidbits for you. First, if you haven't been checking facebook regularly to see my updated posts, you may have missed that Nicole found an amazing thing at the grocery store! Frozen pizza! One thing I do miss from back home is a good 'ol frozen pizza for supper, or lunch, or breakfast. It was a bit expensive (5x the price of an average Chinese lunch), but it was time for a treat. Nicole did the honors of baking  and cutting it. It was great. Not as good as American pizza (it's from Germany), but close.


Not sure why this picture is this way. I even tried downloading it again. Here's the pizza and Nicole cutting it with the meat clever. You use meat clevers in China for everything. Cutting meat, veggies, pizza, doesn't matter.  We lack a pizza cutter. Probably cause this was the first time we ever needed one.


Next unrelated topic. I bought a pillow yesterday. It was very small see...

Super small! Do we have pillows like these in America?

Then I cut it open and it became really big!!!

Now she's happy!

As you can see, one chopstick. The other one fell on the floor.
Third, I made myself a Chinese meal the other night. The mom at our kid's study taught me how to cook a dish. Mushrooms and lettuce. However, everything was prepped when she taught me, so I didn't know what kind of mushrooms or what kind of lettuce it was. I had the wrong kind of lettuce, added too much oil and too much salt, not enough garlic. BUT overall, I would call it a success. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment