As foreigners in China, we often get invited to unique parties or gatherings. If we can, we like to accept because we never know what will be in store for us. Here is a "party" I was invited to. I invited some friends to share in the experience.
I received an emailing saying their is a party which included free golf, wine tasting, tea tasting, a brief introduction to a new website to teach Chinese, and then a goodie bag. Why not!? I thought.
Nicole, Brian, Aaron, and I went with some people from my school. The party started off with 1 hour of free golf at a driving range. My first time at a driving range! They even had golf instructors there to help us. Unfortunately, they didn't speak English and we don't speak Chinese. It's ok. I had Golf and First Aid at MLC, so I sort of knew what I was doing.
After golf, they took us to a room with traditional Chinese snakes (this is how they spelled it). Really they were snacks, those two words are very confusing for friends. We had a demonstration on how to drink tea (there are quite a few steps to do it correctly), a demonstration on the new program. They even gave out some prizes. I got 2 tea cups and Nicole got an electronic thing to help her learn to write Chinese characters. Not real sure exactly what it is.
The afternoon ended with wine and baijiu tasting. Baijiu is a Chinese alcohol. It is very strong and doesn't taste very good. After I tried both of them, I remembered I had to teach in an hour and shouldn't drink too much. The people in charge told us we could drink as much as we would like. I didn't think it would be good for me to walk into class with the smell of alcohol on my breath.
Overall, it was an ok day. I think the free golf was worth the rest of the afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment