Thursday, August 22, 2013

Heartache

I recently finished my trip back to China. Every year there are different feelings. Nervousness, excitement, anticipation, sadness, etc...  This year I had more feelings than ever...

Every year I have flown to China with a good friend of mine. This year she is staying in America to start her life there. I'm so excited for her new job, home, and friends. However, this means it's the first time in a long time that we aren't living in the same city or even in the same country!

As I boarded my flight in Shanghai one month ago, I was thinking about the last time I would be boarding a plane in China. It nearly brought tears to my eyes knowing that someday I will have to say good-bye to this country forever (of course I can visit, but that's not the same).

Yesterday as I boarded my flight to Shanghai I was thinking about all the family and friends I was leaving behind. Again, it brought tears to my eyes (it really did, I looked like an idiot ;) ) as I was walking once again down the ramp.

I wish China and America could be joined together, but in this life it will never happen. I'm thankful that no matter where I am, after this life I will get to celebrate with my family and friends from both countries, from the east and the west.

side note: this afternoon I set off for a trip with some students!

No comments:

Post a Comment