Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sure, Why Not?

Last week: Nicole sent me a message, "Want to go to a show with Grace?" Grace is a Chinese friend who often invites us to things. She usually has some good connections and whatever we do with her is fun. I replied, "sure, why not? What is it?" "I don't know and she's offline now, I'll ask her later" Nicole replied.

Today 6:30pm: We are eating lunch with Grace before the show.
Me: So what is this show?
Grace: I don't know!!!
Me: (thinking) Hmm... who knows what we are getting ourselves into...

7:25: We entered the auditorium and realized it's a play. I'm hoping a musical so we can at least watch people dance. There is a 100% chance that this play is all in Chinese, which means, I probably won't get a whole lot out of it.

7:45: Nope, not a musical, it's just a play. Plus, there are no scene changes, and it's a serious play. Hmm... just stay awake!!!

8:15: Was doing really well paying attention. The actors did great at keeping my attention. However, I did give into the tiredness for just a moment.

8:30: As I was watching a scene with a drunk guy and his mother, I looked closely at the guy... hm... he looks like a mutual friend that Nicole, Grace, and I have. To Nicole, in a shocked voice, "Is that Logan???"
Nicole: Yup! :)
Grace: (laughing next to Nicole)

9:30: Play is over and a Chinese guy comes up to me and asks (in Chinese) "Did you understand it?" I replied, "No, I didn't" and we both laughed. I wonder what the people thought with there being two foreigners sitting near the front.

Soo... Grace did know what this show was about, she just didn't want me to know that our friend Logan was in the play. Well... it was an OK play, wish there were subtitles. I still believe that you never say "no" to Grace! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment