This was one of my phrases when my parents were here, "China changes you..." Then I would do or say something that is a bit different from how I would do or say it before I lived in China. Here are some ways China has changed me. Some things are quite simple...
- I enjoy and actually prefer to eat with chopsticks. They are much easier to grab the food you are trying to eat.
- I am a bit more aggressive when it comes to waiting in line.
- I randomly say Chinese phrases.
- My main cooking utensils are a wok and rice cooker.
- I buy my fruit and veggies from the local fruit market (similar to farmers market) not the grocery store.
- I talk slower and with simple words. I also enunciate some words much clearer.
- I mop my bathroom floor after every shower, since I don't actually have a shower stall, My drain is just on the floor. So, the whole bathroom floor gets wet.
Some things are a little more drastic...
- I can have a full conversation in Chinese. Short, but full.
- I have developed the skill of small talk. I meet new people all the time, so I try to make them feel comfortable.
- Most importantly, I can give a brief explanation of who I am as a sinner, what that has done to me, and how I can be happy despite of that.
- I can give (and have given) a reason for the hope that I have. This here is how China has changed me and I am so thankful for it!
Tonight we had our first Wednesday study. I've been doing this study for 1 1/2 years now. I've seen people come and go, some have remained the same. I yarp (read it backwards) that the new and returning people who joined us tonight will continue to come and learn about HIS amazing love!
No comments:
Post a Comment