Saturday, October 29, 2011

Han Street and Halloween

The other day I went to a new area of town with some friends. We traveled to Han Street. This is a western style street with western stores and restaurants. It is located along a river and includes a little river walk. At night the lights make it look really cool. This is one place I'm planning to take my parents when they come to visit. :) Getting that itinerary ready! Nothing really too exciting happened while we were there, but enjoy the pictures.
Julian, Brian, and Elsie

Julian, Me, and Brian

This looks like the Tower Bridge in London.

 On Friday I taught my Oral English class about Halloween. I began the class asking them what they already know about Halloween (for all those Education people... I sort of did a KWL chart). I had them talk in their groups and I walked around to talk with them too. Most of them knew about ghosts and trick or treating, but that was about it. My favorite question came from on of my students, "Do Easter eggs have anything to do with Halloween?" Luckily, I was able to keep a straight face and say, "No, that's connected with the a Spring holiday, Easter." Not even close!

I had them design their own Halloween costume. Here is what they did...
Back Left: Alvin, Martin, Peter, Lance Front L-R: Jason & Kevin


Back Left: Ken, Ocean, Larry Front Left: Jim, Elspeth, Jerry

Back: Ellen, Karen, Cookie Front: Vicky, Annie, Linda

Back: Sybil, Olivia, Cindy, Angela Front: Nicole, Claire

1 comment: