Friday, October 21, 2011

Same, same, but different

For those of you who have gone to Thailand, or read my posts from Thailand last year, may remember the phrase, "same, same, but different" That is how I can compare my school this year from last year. It's the same, but very different. Here are my lists:

Same:
Chinese students
Teaching English
Limited communication between office people and teachers
Students don't understand when I talk to them.

Different:
Older students
I am in the classroom alone (no co-teacher)
I never teach in the morning (unless I need to make up a class)
I can actually speak in English and somewhat be understood

Overall, I do like my school. It keeps me busy, but also allows me to have free time to do what I came here for. The past few weeks I have been able to have people over here Thursdays nights. We bake and play games. This past week I made pancakes for supper and then we baked cupcakes for dessert! I used one of my boxed cake mixes from America. The best part... frosting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have powdered sugar so I whipped some up.

Good news of the week, I got the tickets for my trip to and back from Vietnam for this winter break!

No comments:

Post a Comment