I've been in this city for almost a week now and I'm still blown away. You'll notice it's the little things that get me. Please remember where Singapore is. It's just south of Malaysia, surrounded by developing Asian countries.
1- they have English radio. But not just English... American!
2- A&W Root beer everywhere. (Planning to make a root beer float tomorrow with a Wendy's sundae)
3- every American fast food you can think of! McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Subway, Cold Stone, KFC, and more!
4- everyone speaks English!!! It's their official language!
5- you can sit on the ground and not be afraid of what you just sat in.
6- cereal lines the grocery store (not quite like America, but much more than China)
7- big shoe sizes!
8- they speak English!!! I know I already put this, but it's so amazing being able to speak to anyone anytime in English.
9- very few white people, yet I blend in. I'm nothing special here, which is kinda nice sometimes.
10- I feel like I need 10... Cars wave to you to cross the street. You don't have to avoid them, they actually stop for you.
I've also added some random pictures I've taken the last few days.
1- beach on sentosa (island of Singapore)
2- their food court- everything here is touristy
3-my cold coffee served in a beer cup
4- my most popular meal here! It's cheap and good. It's a Malaysian food. Rice, beef, sauce, cucumbers, and an egg.




No comments:
Post a Comment