Thursday, December 22, 2011

Long time no see (好久不见-haojiu bujian)

It's been a while since I updated this, been a bit busy, but here it goes...

I went to my old fruit stand last night. Saw the fruit guy. We exchanged "long time no sees" (Usually when I go, his mom is there. Haven't seen him all year I think). Then he asked me something and I think it was "are you going home?" I told him I was going to a friend's house. I later told a Chinese friend what he asked. My friend thinks he asked if I went home this past summer. Opps... miscommunication there. :)

We had a big city-wide Chrstmas party last Saturday. We sang songs, read the STORY, had snacks, played a game, met a lot of new people, and had a great time! One of my new friend's (He hasn't been to study yet) had this as his status on QQ (China instant messenger) "Best Chrstmas ever! I sang songs, watched a performance, and met many new American friends (paraphrased)." He later told Julie that he wanted to join our studies and learn more. Thank HIM. :) He's busy with tests this week, but maybe next week he'll come. By the way, his name is Jess. He is boy Jess, I am girl Jess. :)

Tonight I will be having friends over to make and decorate Chri-tmas cookies. One of them is asking me lots of questions online about it. She is EXCITED! I can't want for them to come and share this with them, a good bonding experience. We have invited about 12 Chinese friends over, we have no idea how many will show up. It's exam time, so they are often quite busy. I'll post pictures of tonight later this week.

If I don't post again before Christmas, I'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. HE has come and HE will come again. Now is the time he has given us to tell others about the most amazing gift anyone could give.

No comments:

Post a Comment