Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week 2 complete!

So, I've officially finished two weeks of teaching. Every day I'm feeling more and more like a real teacher. It's a stressful job, but man, can it be fun! The kids are awesome and surprise me every day. They also challenge me. I'm learning more and more about the important characteristics of a teacher. Consistency is key! Unfortunately, the first two weeks were both only four days. So... this next five day week will truly challenge me!

Here are some highlights of the last two weeks:

A third grader came up to me and said, "Sorry, Miss Gierach I didn't bring you a birthday present. My mom said I didn't have to." She really felt sad about it. I assured her that saying happy birthday was a good enough present.

A fourth grade girl freaked out when she saw my eye. A blood vessel broke so I looked pretty scary if I looked up. She didn't know how to explain to me what was wrong, so she ended up just walking away.

A group of six students spent 10 extra minutes during Bbl time making sure everyone understood the story. I couldn't stop that!

Tonight I plan to get a massage. First one since arriving this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment