My trip out to Beijing was pretty smooth. I had a seven hour layover in Chicago which was actually pretty nice. I got to call some people and downloaded things for my class. The best part though... as I was boarding my flight I heard a stewardess say, "He doesn't speak English, he can't sit in the exit row". Then she turned to the line and asked loudly, "who is traveling alone?". Well, I knew the follow-up question to that one, so I raised my hand quickly. I got the exit row! Unlimited leg room! I could go to the bathroom anytime I wanted and never had to stand in line (it was right in front of me, so I could see when it was empty).
However, as we were about to land (over an hour late), we started gaining altitude again. The pilot said that we had to fly around again and try the landing again because we were too close to another airplane. Never had that happen before, but I'm glad it was easily avoided.
My first days in Beijing have been pretty simple. I'm trying to organize my apartment, which will take a while. I'm also preparing for school. I'll take some classroom pictures soon to show you what it looks like!
![]() |
| Not sure if you can tell, but the Packers were playing as I boarded the plane. |
![]() |
| I've never had this much space... |
![]() |
| We have a ton of hand-me-downs! Our living room can't hold it all! |



No comments:
Post a Comment