Saturday, June 14, 2014

Quick update

Well, usually I'm much better at doing blogs, but lately my life has been a little crazy. Since May 1 I I've been on at least 14 trains (kinda lost count), 3 airplanes, and lots of subway lines. I finished teaching April 26 and have been traveling pretty much every since. I've made a few trips to Beijing for visa and passport stuff, out east for an amazing retreat, a trip up to Qinghai with my roommate, another trip out east to travel with some buddies for the last time, and I will head up to Beijing again shortly.

I'm very thankful that I was done with school so early so I have been able to slowly transition to Beijing. I've attended one of their studies a few times and have gotten to know some of the Chinese. My apartment is rented, contract signed, bike bought, and visa in process. I've explored the area for food and shopping and have unpacked most of my stuff! My new life in Beijing is waiting for me!

However, before I leave, I have lots of good-byes to say here. I don't think I really understand that my time in Wuhan is so limited. I've seen a lot of friends the past few weeks and it's hard to think that it might be the last time I see them. Yes, I'm still in China, but Beijing is a bit far away and some of them are also leaving Wuhan.

On another note, I'll be celebrating the 4th in America this year! I arrive July 1st in Chicago. :) Grill-outs and fireworks, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment