Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dubbing Show

Last night I served as one of the jurors (not sure why they didn't call us judges) for my school's dubbing contest. Dubbing is when they take the voices out of the movies and others speak for them. Sometimes they do this when they play an English movie in China. They take out the voices and put in Chinese ones. However, tonight it was all in English. From English to English.

Each class could send two at the most, my class had two. Some classes only sent one (there was a semifinals- they didn't make the cut). Well, it was very interesting to judge. The first two groups were horrible!!!!!!! I couldn't understand them, their clips were really long and really boring. I scored them in the 60's, very poor. My class were clips 5 and 6. They did amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I worked with them quite a bit, so I knew where they struggle and where they usually do well. Their performance was nearly flawless! However, my class is also one of the higher level classes, so... they should be a bit better than the others.

After every three clips, they share the results... which, I feel is a bit odd because then everyone knows who is winning. There is no waiting and suspense at the end. In fact, the last clip was really bad, so almost EVERYONE left (not kidding, I turned around and there were like 20 people left- we started with over 200).

Needless to say, the only real competition was for first and second, both from my class. My girls won. They did the opening scene from "Enchanted" It was very well done! I helped them three times over the past few weeks, so that song has been dancing around in my head. Congrats class 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment