Sunday, March 11, 2012

Come on over!

Sunday nights I have off. Really the only night I have completely off every week. So, I like to have some friends over if possible. Last night I decided to invite Rachel and Chenjing. They are both "members" and have been going to studies for a long time. However, I have never had them over to do anything. Tonight would be the night to change that. I texted Rachel at about 12:30 to invite her.

I also wanted to make some western food. So, I got materials for Sloppy Joe's! I cleaned my home and prepared for their arrival. At approximately 4:00 another Chinese friend called and asked if two others can come over. Sure! Why not... but hm... I don't have enough Sloppy Joe's for all of them. He said he would buy some meat and veggies for supper if I need him to.

I planned my menu and texted him what I needed. Luckily, I've been learning how to cook Chinese food, so I can whip something up when needed.

At about 5:30, another friend called and asked if he could join too. The more the merrier, right? At this point i was getting a little nervous. I hope I have enough food for them all...

It was an amazing night. Only 4 ended up coming, but that was ok. They are close enough friends that it was very relaxed and natural. I even delegated some of the cooking and had them help prep and cook the foods. Our menu: Potatoes (not sure how to translate how they are cooked-maybe Fried Potatoes), Pork and Mushrooms, Egg and Tomato, Sloppy Joe's, and Rice. We ate the Sloppy Joe's Chinese style. We just put the meet on our rice.

I really enjoyed this fun time with friends. They all seemed to enjoy it too. I also had on Koine music all night. They are one of my favorite bands.

Rachel and Chenjing making egg and tomato.

Our meal! The sloppy joe's are under the pork and mushroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment